The Office of the Dean of Students sponsors and coordinates the UNC Financial Literacy Consortium. This partnership between the UNC Financial Literacy Initiative, Coastal Federal Credit Union, Franklin Street Partners, and the Davis Library aims to help students develop knowledge and practices for a financially successful future. Workshops on a variety of financial wellness topics will be available throughout the semester for students to learn more. Refreshments and/or a meal is served during each workshop.
Faculty and student leaders can request a presentation for their class or student group and presenters will provide information on the topic of your choice. Click the "Request a Workshop" icon to complete the request form.
- Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/unc_fli/
- Follow us on Twitter: UNC_FinLit
- Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uncfli/
Upcoming Workshops and Registration
Interested in one of the workshops listed? Register by clicking the workshop link below:
- Invest In Your Future Wednesday, January 31, 2018 @ 6:30pm in the FPG Student Union Room 3503
- Ballin' on a Budget Wednesday, February 7, 2018 @ 6pm in Horton Residence Hall
- Tax Basics Thursday, February 15, 2018 @ 4pm in the Graduate Student Center
- Swiper, No Swiping: Debunking Credit Myths Tuesday, February 20, 2018 @ 6:30pm in the FPG Student Union Room 3503
- Time Is Money Wednesday, February 21, 2018 @ 6pm in Carolina Hall Room 213
- Invest In Your Future Thursday, February 22, 2018 @ 3pm in the Graduate Student Center
- Swiper, No Swiping: Debunking Credit Myths Thursday, March 1, 2018 @ 7pm in the Granville Towers Residence Hall
- Fraud: It Can Happen To You Tuesday, March 6, 2018 @ 6pm in the FPG Student Union Room 3503
- Life After UNC Tuesday, March 27, 2018 @ 6pm in the SASB North Upendo Room 1114
Financial Literacy Week
Join the Financial Literacy Consortium for three days of mini financial workshops, games, and more on April 3-5, 2018. More information coming soon!
Other Workshops Hosted
Ballin’ on a Budget 2.0: Ways to Save: This workshop is designed to share shopping tips and apps to help you make your money stretch and protect your budget.
Finding Funding for Graduate School: Helps you prepare for seeking out funding for graduate studies while learning about different types of funding opportunities, including utilizing funding databases to search for funding sources.
Negotiating to the Max: Learn strategies for negotiating a job offer or advancement opportunity.
Path to Wealth: Now that you’ve got the basics of budgeting, credit, & savings down, it’s time to think more in depth about your path to wealth. This workshop will provide healthy financial habits to build your path to wealth
Preparing for Homeownership: Prepare for homeownership early by learning the basics of what it takes to be a homeowner, how to be financially prepared, and more.
For more information about the financial literacy consortium, event, workshops, or general information please contact Dawna Jones, Student Assistance Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VC 55+ VITA Free Income Tax Assistance
VITA is an Orange County Volunteer Connect 55+ (VC 55+) volunteer program that provides FREE federal and state income tax preparation to eligible individuals with low-to-middle income, regardless of age or county of residence.
For more information, visit the Orange County Tax Assistance website