Green Zone training is for faculty and staff that wish to learn more about the military affiliated student experience. Its goals are to train members of the Carolina community to know more about the issues and concerns faced by military affiliated students and to identify individuals who are available to assist this population. These individuals are not expected to be experts who can "solve problems." They are individuals who can lend a sympathetic ear and help the student veteran identify and connect with the appropriate resources.
Participants who complete the training will receive a sign to display in their office and have their name listed on our website as having completed the training.
All participants must register for the Green Zone Training. Additional trainings will be added as needed. Any student interested in participating in training should register for the session(s) for faculty and staff or request to schedule a specific training date and time for an office or department, contact Amber Mathwig, Student Veterans Assistance Coordinator or Contact Us.
Please select the training session you would like to attend from the list below (For Faculty, Staff, and Students):
- ***FULL*** Tuesday, November 20, 10am-1pm, Register at: http://tinyurl.com/yaye5p7l
- ***FULL*** Tuesday, December 18, 1:30-4:30pm, Register at: http://tinyurl.com/y77s6hg2
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019, 9am-12pm, Register at: http://tinyurl.com/y9h33xcf
- Monday, February 18, 12-3pm, Register at: http://tinyurl.com/yanzrd8o
- Thursday, March 21, 2019, 11am-2pm, Register at: http://tinyurl.com/yath3vzf
- Wednesday, April 10, 8:30-11:30am, Register at: http://tinyurl.com/ybaay45z
All sessions will take place in the Carolina Veterans Resource Center at 211 Branson Street (Odum Village).